Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By hearthstone_academy
  • 2 Post By Old PaPa

Thread: Lesson Activities Dealing With the Theory of Evolution

Administrator hearthstone_academy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Lesson Activities Dealing With the Theory of Evolution

If you find a Lesson Activity that deals with the theory of evolution, please post the Lesson Activity Number and any additional descriptive comments here, to help other parents decide if they might want to skip or discuss that activity with their children.

As with all of these "alert" threads, you do not necessarily have to object to the material yourself to post an alert. It's understood that everyone will have a different comfort level regarding various topics. The goal is to give parents the information they need to make decisions for their own families.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Blog Entries

I pick up on subtleties and try to teach my children to do the same. Second Grade Science, LA #20029, uses the question, "What came first, the chicken or the egg?" to teach about life cycles. Of course, as creationists, my children know that God created chickens when He created birds and fish on the fifth day, so the chicken came first.

This is a nice lesson on life cycles and provided some good discussion for our family.
    Susie Harrison likes this.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Junior Member Newbie

Default Re: Lesson Activities Dealing With the Theory of Evolution

I noticed that 3rd grade science in ecology - extinction - extinction blues - mentions billions of year ago...

This lesson is repeated again in Science - Life/environment - extinction - extinction blues.

I did counter this by explaining our differing belief - that God created the earth just a few thousand years ago -
    Jamie
    Homeschooling mom to 6 dear blessings!
    http://onlineeducationforkids.com

Third grade test (R3045) talks about giant guinea pigs that lived millions of years ago, and also about a meteor that has traveled in the universe for billions of years.

Junior Member Newbie

Just wanted to say thanks to all of the other Christians out there trying to educate their children at home> God Bless

My girl is in middle school this year, 7th grade. In the life science portion there is extensive classes on evolution. I tried to remove it from her planner, and no go. I am not happy about this, while I don't fear it, if I don't want them in her curriculum, I should be able to remove it. We have had discussions about evolution, and as she matures, we will have more. I just don't like it being shoved down our throats.

Blog Entries

Hi, sherrylynn. ANY lessons can be removed from your student's plan. You, the parent, generate the plan and are free to include or exclude anything you wish. Here are step-by-step instructions for using the Activity Planner.

Hope this helps you customize the perfect plan for your child!