Parent Community & Forum

Parents! Chat about kids, education, parenting, homeschooling and more.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Junior Member Newbie

Hi mary! I am so glad you posted this. I chose to go back to college (again, after obtaining one degree) and I chose to go online. In several of my classes we were given a test that told us what type of learner we are. It was truly an eye opener. The results said that whatever way we learn, we are likely to teach the same way. Which explains why I had such a hard time in high school with not comprehending what my teachers were teaching me. I couldn't understand algebra to save me life but when i took it in college it was so simple. It was because the teacher in college taught me in the same way that I learn. I am going to have my daughter take the survey so i can find out which learning style best suits her so that i can teach her effectively at home. I wish more people were aware of this! Thank you so much!
    Tracey of Thomaston, Ga

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by twelch576 View Post
    Hi mary! I am so glad you posted this. I chose to go back to college (again, after obtaining one degree) and I chose to go online. In several of my classes we were given a test that told us what type of learner we are. It was truly an eye opener. The results said that whatever way we learn, we are likely to teach the same way. Which explains why I had such a hard time in high school with not comprehending what my teachers were teaching me. I couldn't understand algebra to save me life but when i took it in college it was so simple. It was because the teacher in college taught me in the same way that I learn. I am going to have my daughter take the survey so i can find out which learning style best suits her so that i can teach her effectively at home. I wish more people were aware of this! Thank you so much!
    Tracey of Thomaston, Ga
    Tracey, that is such an excellent insight. I hope you are able to particpate as we go along and share what you have learned/ are learning. (Big Warm Smile)
    Mary, Child of the King of Kings, Jesus Christ! Wife to best friend and Mama to her four boys 91, 96, 00, 02, Homeschooling since 1998! Come visit us on our blog! http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

HI I am tickjr and i want to tell you about how did you get the book and 2-6????. FROM TICKJR LOVE TICKJR.

Junior Member Newbie juliewestphal8's Avatar

My son is definitely kinesthetic. So excited to see how I can use this info to help him excel.
    Blessings,
    Julie Z.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123