Parent Community & Forum

Parents! Chat about kids, education, parenting, homeschooling and more.

+ Reply to Thread
    nycgirl10016

Default Help with reading

Homeschooling granddaughter in second grade..need more reading sources or a tutor in west palm beach...thank you

Blog Entries

Hi there, and welcome! If you wanted to try and work on her spelling and vocabulary, you can try letting her play some online games. Spelling and vocabulary are big parts in the learning to read process, and game play might be helpful because there is less stress involved if she is simply playing a game. Here are a couple of sites that my boys have loved to play games on:

Spelling & Vocabulary Website: SpellingCity
    Learning Games For Kids
    Learn English Vocabulary New

You may also want to read over this page on the T4L site about reading:
    Learning to Read - Time4Learning

I don't know a lot about tutors, but when I googled tutors in West Palm Beach, I found this site. Here is a link to their reading tutors page:
    Reading Tutoring in Florida FL

Hope this helped you, at least a little. Always feel free to ask any questions you have...
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek, called Mama by two incredible boys.
    Accidental homeschoolers that are now entering their 10th year (2014-15) of homeschooling!

Visit me at You. Me. Us.

Junior Member Newbie

Look into Starfall's Learn to Read with phonics it is online too, I used it with my girl's when they were learning to read. They have some resources that are very inexpensive and worth the price. The resources include leveled books for your child to practice reading. I love it and so did my kids. Good luck to you!

Unregistered

Default Thank you

Thank you for the reading resources!...Good luck to everyone!!!