Thread: Holiday Breaks

Default Holiday Breaks

Hello I understand how to add weekly breaks, but I am confused on how to incorporate breaks for maybe 2-3 days without having to having to add extra work to be completed to make up for those days taken off. We are using the detailed plan, and I would like for my daughter to only take off Wed-Fri for the week of Thanksgiving, not the entire week. Please help....

Thanks,

Natasha

Administrator hearthstone_academy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Holiday Breaks

Hi, Natasha. You can assign the week's lessons that the detailed plan generates to specific days of the week. The usual advice if you want to take a day or two off is to simply not assign any lessons to that day. The same number of lessons will need to be done during the week, though. If you are taking more than a day or two off, I would just add a weekly break for that week. Then you can review some lessons your student didn't do so well with, or get a jumpstart on what you intend to do next week.

Your child can't get "behind", since you decide what they need to do. Time4Learning provides a whole lot of material, and families aren't expected to use it all. If your plan generates too many activities for your child to get through per week, you will want to week out activities that are unnecessary for your child. Here is a thread that explains how to decide which lesson activities to eliminate.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Thanks Kelly, as usual, your advice/suggestions are always helpful and very appreciated!

Natasha

I also want to be sure she receives the hours that are required by our state, which is Wisconsin, and homeschoolers here are required to have 875 hours. I just want to be sure we receive that because she will be returning to school for high school. I'm not sure we can even achieve that many hours from our T4L curriculum. I have to add supplemental assignments currently.

Natasha