Parent Community & Forum

Parents! Chat about kids, education, parenting, homeschooling and more.

+ Reply to Thread
    Junior Member Newbie

Default Diploma and Drivers License

My son is 17 and completed his high school requirements in December. We went ot get his drivers license and the DDS requested a diploma that had a seal on it. We used a non-accredited approach to homeschooling. Is there anyone out there that can help me?

Blog Entries

Hi there. That's weird...I had heard of several families just needing to submit copies of their monthly attendance records (my oldest is only 12 so I don't have first hand experience). I think there are Drivers Ed courses they may need to take? I would check with HSLDA and GHEA and see if they can give you any concrete information. Sorry I wasn't more help...
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek, called Mama by two incredible boys.
    Accidental homeschoolers that are now entering their 10th year (2014-15) of homeschooling!

Visit me at You. Me. Us.

ssteele

Default drivers license...

It is my understanding that your letter of intent along with attendance verification is all that is needed for your teen to get their license. "A Georgia DDS Certificate of Attendance form must be signed and notarized from your school. It is only valid for 30 days. All applicants under the age of 18 not enrolled in school must provide a GED diploma, high school diploma, or an attendance form from your local Board of Education if you are enrolled in an approved home school program." (taken directly from: Georgia Driver's Education Commission: Obtaining a Learner's Permit

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ssteele View Post
    It is my understanding that your letter of intent along with attendance verification is all that is needed for your teen to get their license. "A Georgia DDS Certificate of Attendance form must be signed and notarized from your school. It is only valid for 30 days. All applicants under the age of 18 not enrolled in school must provide a GED diploma, high school diploma, or an attendance form from your local Board of Education if you are enrolled in an approved home school program." (taken directly from: Georgia Driver's Education Commission: Obtaining a Learner's Permit
    Thank you SO much for that great info!!
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek, called Mama by two incredible boys.
    Accidental homeschoolers that are now entering their 10th year (2014-15) of homeschooling!

Visit me at You. Me. Us.