Parent Community & Forum

Parents! Chat about kids, education, parenting, homeschooling and more.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ilysse

Default Milledgeville GA

Hello,

I'm a mom of 2 girls; 13 and 10. We just moved to Milledgeville and have been having a hard time finding friends.
    If anyone is in the area and would like to chat or meet at a park or something please let me know. I know there are LOTS of homeschoolers out there, I just can't seem to find them.

Meanwhile, we started school yesterday and my kids are loving T4L. My only complaint is that I wish there was a playground for the parents

Take care,
    Ilysse

Blog Entries

Hi Ilysse,

I am in Middle GA (Warner Robins area). Have you tried doing a Google search for local co-op groups or homeschool support groups? And yes, I wish there was an adult playground, too!
    Joyfully,
    Jackie

Blog Entries

Hi Ilysse... I am from the Athens area so I don't know a lot about Milledgeville, but I did find a group in Baldwin County on GHEA's homeschool groups in Georgia page. You can also search for other groups in the surrounding areas by county if you like as well.

An adult playground...wouldn't that be novel...
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek, called Mama by two incredible boys.
    Accidental homeschoolers that are now entering their 10th year (2014-15) of homeschooling!

Visit me at You. Me. Us.

Ilysse

Thank you both. I did find the group you suggested and did LOTS of searches. My problem is that we are not Christians and that particular group is a Christian group. While we've joined Christian groups before the group owner seemed uncomfortable about it. I don't want to make anyone feel uncomfortable so we'll have to figure something else out.

Blog Entries

Ah, I completely understand. I am Christian in faith, but apparently still make my many of the moms in my local group uncomfortable, lol (pink hair occasionally, lots of tattoos and such, lol...), so I can understand wanting to avoid that.

I hope that you can find something you are looking for. I will keep my eye out as well, for what it's worth.
    Katie
    Accidental homeschoolers that are now entering their 10th year (2014-15) of homeschooling!

Visit me at You. Me. Us.

Junior Member Newbie

Hey Ilysse,

My kids are 6, 4 and 2, but they love meeting new people. Shoot me a message if you want to get together sometime. There is a big group of homeschoolers here doing the K12 curriculum, so I may be able to help you find some other kids their ages....

Danielle

Junior Member Newbie

Hey Ilysse,
    I am new to the forum and just read your post. I have 4 kiddo's 2 of which are girls about your daughters ages - one is 13 and the other is 11. We live in Milledgeville also, and love the park, so if you are ever looking for company there let us know. You can email me at: lisaj962@gmail.com.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by luciefreddie View Post
    Hey Ilysse,

My kids are 6, 4 and 2, but they love meeting new people. Shoot me a message if you want to get together sometime. There is a big group of homeschoolers here doing the K12 curriculum, so I may be able to help you find some other kids their ages....

Danielle
    Hi Danielle, and welcome! Thanks so much for your intro. Looking forward to seeing you around the boards...
    Katie

Visit me at You. Me. Us.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa.RollTide.Marie View Post
    Hey Ilysse,
    I am new to the forum and just read your post. I have 4 kiddo's 2 of which are girls about your daughters ages - one is 13 and the other is 11. We live in Milledgeville also, and love the park, so if you are ever looking for company there let us know. You can email me at: lisaj962@gmail.com.
    Hi Lisa, and welcome to you as well! Thanks so much for introducing yourself. Looking forward to hearing more from everyone!
    Katie

Visit me at You. Me. Us.

Junior Member Newbie

Hi! My name is Angie and we live in Eatonton. I have 2 boys and 1 girl. The boys are 12 and almost 7 and my daughter is 16. We've been home schooling for 4 years now. Hope all is well