Algebra help?
" "

Thread: Algebra help?

Default Algebra help?

My 9th grader is having trouble with Algebraic expressions, she did two authentic task papers and got a D on both according to the answer key. She is swearing she is doing it right, but I have no math skills at all so I can't help her. Is there a source on here for help???

mmm, this is interesting, I checked a site someone suggested on here to check the answers and my daughter's answers are right according to this site! It's cymath.com She is emphatic she is right and this site says so too, so I guess I need to go with that.

*Update - ugh, I am clueless as to what to do to help her! She is really struggling with the Algebra 1 course, she says that this is completely different than what she learned in public school. Does anyone know where I can get help for her? Are there online sources for help with homeschool math? I suck at math so I can't help her, it's clear as mud to me! This is one thing I kind of worried about, what to do if she gets stuck!
    Last edited by BethAnnFair; 05-01-2017 at 07:42 PM.

Default Re: Algebra help?

Have you tried Khan Academy? https://www.khanacademy.org/math/algebra
    My kids found lots of success using Khan Academy for practice.

Default Re: Algebra help?

Yes thanks! I just found that site last night and was so happy to see it was there and free! I got my daughter signed up for it, she seemed to like it so hopefully it will help.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    Have you tried Khan Academy? https://www.khanacademy.org/math/algebra
    My kids found lots of success using Khan Academy for practice.