Do you have your student write all the writing assignments in English?
" "

Default Do you have your student write all the writing assignments in English?

I was wondering if you require your high school student to complete all the writing assignments in English. I am new to T4L and we are in English III. There is a lot of writing. Just wondering what others do and how others use this curriculum.
    Thanks,
    Dianne

Default Re: Do you have your student write all the writing assignments in English?

We're in English 2 and I've been having her write all of them. We're still pretty new to homeschooling though. I'm not sure if she needs to do them or not, but I'd like to err on the side of caution.

Default Re: Do you have your student write all the writing assignments in English?

Mine is also on Eng2 and it is utterly ridiculous. We added them up yesterday and there are 428 lessons, writing assignments and quizzes, total.

Assuming a 40 week school year, that comes out to 11 blocks per week and a writing assignment practically every day.

NO. There are other subjects to work on. I don't need my student wrapped up in Eng2 for hours every single day.

Administrator hearthstone_academy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Time4Learning provides a lot of curriculum and continues to add things. You do not have to use all of it. In a lot of subjects, there is simply too much for a student to reasonably complete in nine months.

I have only chosen a portion of the writing assignments for my own kids. I have verbally discussed some of the questions with them, instead of having them write out the answers. That's a valuable skill, too. My kids are good writers though (but don't ask about math ), so I don't feel a lot of extra writing practice is necessary for them. I do make sure they are able to write a college level essay before I send them off to college.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

We have done 2 weeks of t4l and my students have done the odyssey writer and turned it into assignment to Parent Administration page. But when I get on my page I can't seem to find them. One of the videos said I am supposed to grade these. So my question is where do they go?

Administrator hearthstone_academy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hi, wedwards. The Odyssey Writer assignments will appear as a link that says "N/A" in the score column of your student's reports. There's also a specific little icon that will appear next to these assignments in the reports, so you can easily identify them. If you click on the N/A, you will be taken to the assignment and you can print it to manually grade. If you don't see the assignment when you click on the N/A, look near the bottom, right for tiny little page numbers and click on those to see if it ended up on a different page.

I hope this helps! If you still have questions, please let us know. There's a learning curve when starting out with any new curriculum, but we're here to help.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!