Default Odyssey writer dictionary 1 assignment

Can someone please explain to me how to do this assignment the odyssey writer dictionary 1? Jt is very confusing!

Administrator hearthstone_academy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Odyssey writer dictionary 1 assignment

Hi, Myra! I'll need a little more information. What subject and grade level are you looking at? What is the lesson activity number? I'll be happy to look at this lesson when I have that information, so I can find it.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

We were super confused by it as well. Did you find the answer??

Quote Originally Posted by myra_saiz View Post
    Can someone please explain to me how to do this assignment the odyssey writer dictionary 1? Jt is very confusing!

Quote Originally Posted by hearthstone_academy View Post
    Hi, Myra! I'll need a little more information. What subject and grade level are you looking at? What is the lesson activity number? I'll be happy to look at this lesson when I have that information, so I can find it.
    We were confused on this today, as well. It's English I, Chapter 1. LA# E1112

Blog Entries

Okay, I see that lesson!

If your child needs something from the tool kit, have them back out of the activity. Then, before your student logs back in to the subject (such as English I), look in the left sidebar on their dashboard. The tool kit is the bottom icon. Click on it.

Now select the subject you are working with (in this case, English I). All of the tool categories for that subject will drop down. For this lesson, you will click on the Odyssey Writer Templates. Then search through the templates for the one you need (in this case, the Vocabulary/Dictionary template).

I have printed a few of these to keep handy, because they are needed in most units and my kids prefer to do them with a pencil. They can copy and paste the template into Odyssey Writer, but the formatting doesn't transfer . . . just the words. (To copy and paste from most computers, highlight what you want to copy and then hold down the Ctrl key while typing the letter c. That copies what you have highlighted. Now click where you want to paste it, hold down the Ctrl key, and type the letter v. That will paste what you have copied onto that page.)

Now they can type info into the form (but remember, it won't really look like a form if you have pasted it; it's only the words) and treat it just like any other Odyssey Writer assignment.

In case you are not yet familiar with how Odyssey Writer works, I'll provide that info here too.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Blog Entries

For any Odyssey Writer assignment, your student should first click the little icon at the lower left of where they will be typing that looks like two tiny overlapping sheets of paper. This pastes the instructions for the assignment into their work and they can begin the lesson after the instructions. That way, the parent has the instructions to refer to when they grade the assignment.

You student needs to click the "Hand In" button at the top when they are finished, and then choose any fictitious teacher. This does not actually hand it in to anyone. It causes the activity to be marked as completed and to show up in their reports as a link in the score column. The link says N/A.

When you notice a completed Odyssey Writer assignment in your student's reports, you can click on the link to view it or to print it and grade it manually.

There is no place to input scores for parent-graded work (such as worksheets or writing assignments). The student reports are intended to be a record of all computer-scored work for parent information.

Thanks!!! I realize now that she was either trying to do it prior to watching the video or she didn't watch the video. I was at work looking at the worksheet from the toolkit and I was so beyond lost! Now it all makes sense. You do exactly what the bearded man does in the video of section 2!!!

Blog Entries

You'll both soon get used to all the different lesson types. I promise! And it's so much more interesting than cookie-cutter lessons that all look exactly the same. My kids have just zoned our on that kind of curriculum.