Public School credits and T4L credits
" "
    Junior Member Newbie

Default Public School credits and T4L credits

Hi, My daughter has completed 9th and 10th grade in public school. Last week she started T4L, 11th grade, and will end up completing her GED. How do I go about making a transcript for her when it's time. Do I need to get a transcript from the public school?

TIA
    Cathy

Administrator hearthstone_academy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Public School credits and T4L credits

Hi, Cathy! The best place to learn about homeschooling high school, and a great place to find printable diploma and transcript templates, is Let's Homeschool High School.com.

All fifty states allow parents to issue a homeschool diploma to their own student. Parents decide what their child needs to do to graduate from the family's homeschool, and parents decide what equals a credit in their homeschool. While this works well for a student who will eventually receive a homeschool diploma or GED, public schools vary in their willingness to accept homeschool work for credit if your child ever returns to public school.

Time4Learning is a homeschool curriculum and not an online school, so Time4Learning does not award T4L credits.

Although high schools can be challenging to deal with, colleges are usually more interested in a student's entrance score exams than in how they learned what they know. In fact, many colleges have actively recruited homeschooled students.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

My daughter started college this year. We submitted a transcript I made. It included grades from classes she took outside of the home. The college accepted it with no questions!

Administrator hearthstone_academy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That's been my experience with four kids (so far) and four different colleges (one community college and three universities).

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!