Does anyone know of a fun educational PC game for kids?
" "
    Junior Member Newbie

Default Does anyone know of a fun educational PC game for kids?

My 5 year old son is playing the computer all day long, and I really want to buy him a present that he will like. Can anyone recommend on a nice educational computer game for him?
    Maybe something a little bit more contributing than the things he usually plays?

Blog Entries

There are some great games online. Learning Games For Kids is wonderful. I like playing some of the games and puzzles myself. Spelling City also has some games on it. If you have an iPhone, iPad, or one of those devices there is a game called Stack the States. It is fun to play and only cost a couple of dollars. They also have Stack the Countries but I find that it is much more difficult and probably would not work for a five year old. I am challenged by it as an adult. My son also like Rocket Speller and Rocket Math. I believe both of those were free apps. I like having games on the phone so we always have them with us for those times when he gets bored waiting. I'm sure there are many others but this is all I can think of right now. Hopefully others will chime in on this question.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

Junior Member Newbie

There's a great educational computer games package, which has a variety of games and refers to your child by his own name...
    I'll try to recall how we've bought it, and give you the link.

Blog Entries

Please let us know as soon as you remember. I am always looking for more things to get my son involved in learning.

Quote Originally Posted by AngieThornton View Post
    My 5 year old son is playing the computer all day long, and I really want to buy him a present that he will like. Can anyone recommend on a nice educational computer game for him?
    Maybe something a little bit more contributing than the things he usually plays?

My kids have discovered shepherdsoftware.com It has fun educational games and is free. Has preschool stuff, too, but on up to older elementary age. Has losts of math and language arts, and some science and social studies games.

Blog Entries

Sounds great. Thanks.

Well it may not be a gift but I have a lot of free educational games links on my website for all the subjects.

Percipio Percepi Perceptum

Blog Entries

Thanks for the link.

Junior Member Newbie

Default Re: Does anyone know of a fun educational PC game for kids?

Quote Originally Posted by fairylover View Post
    Please let us know as soon as you remember. I am always looking for more things to get my son involved in learning.
    Try Turtle Diary they have a great amount of online games. I know my kids love them!