Parent Community & Forum

Parents! Chat about kids, education, parenting, homeschooling and more.

Default Does T4L teach this for 2nd grade?

Hi there!
    I noticed that the 2nd grade class in the town we live in is teaching 'types of sentences' right now in their curriculum. I was wondering if T4L has this anywhere in the curriculum. I browsed through and didn't see it anywhere, but could have missed it. If not, then I will add this into my son's curriculum, but if T4L teaches it anywhere, I will just be patient. Just wondering if anyone else knows.

Also, should I be using another resource outside of T4L for Language Arts/English completeness..and if so, does anyone recommend one? I am trying to check into this because he has to take a state test at the end of 2nd grade and I want to make sure he knows all that may be covered during the 2nd grade year in case we are missing something.

Thanks so much!
    Dakotamom

T4L is great. We also use another ELA program from beestar. DD loves both of them. Beestar offers weekly worksheets, so DD can consolidate the knowledge constantly. This combine works pretty well. Maybe you also can have a try. Hope it helps.
    lisa

I too was concerned about state testing when we started homeschooling. The only other language arts we do is Evan Moor spelling, but it's probably overkill. In a few of the fluency/ comp areas (1, 2, & 3) they teach about periods, exclamation, and question marks. They review them all in fluency/ comp 8.
    Melissa.

Default Thanks so much...

I thought I had responded here already with a big thanks, but apparently I had been planning to and forgot! So, thank you both for your responses.

To the first poster: I appreciate the site. I will check that out and I think that worksheets pertaining to particular areas will work great.

To the second poster: How long have you been homeschooling? How did your kids do with the state tests?

Thanks again!
    Dakotamom