Parent Community & Forum

Parents! Chat about kids, education, parenting, homeschooling and more.

Default Has anyone else done this

I feel like an absolute idiot.

I didn't realize that "resources" had worksheets I had to print for Gabriel to do so we are now behind by a lot of worksheets and whatever else is sitting in resources for all the activities we have already done.

I think we'll have to spend a lot of next week catching up.

Yca
    Blog Entries

Ok ... here's what I want you to do .... go grab a cup of pumpkin spice latte and relax a minute. Take a deeeepppp breath..... ready??? Ok. Here's what I want you to remember - this program is at your own schedule. You don't *have* to do all the things, you don't have to do it the way they say to do it, you don't even have to do the resource sheets at all if you didn't want to.

Something we do? (just for your consideration) ... we print out the sheets and keep them in a notebook. If we're going on a long car ride, or to a doctor's appointment where we'll have to wait, or if the weather is stinky, or whatever reason, we pull out that notebook. It works as an amazing review. We get them all done by the end of the school year and it provides me with the reassurance that he is retaining what he's learning.

Now, enjoy your latte
    ~ Yca ~
    (otherwise known as Jess )

Wife to Dave and Mom to Red - 13, The Princess - 11, Fluffyheaded Diva - 6, and Sir Smiley - 3
    Read about our adventures HERE!

Thank you, coffee and maybe a nap is what I need lol. I think I'm getting obsessed with doing everything perfectly. And that's a great idea with the worksheets, will definitely try that!

Blog Entries

Thanks Yca. We also don't do all the worksheets. I have been without a printer for some time now. It's a real pain to get my husband to print things out for me so we frequently do without.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

I wouldn't worry about going back unless he did poorly and you are wanting to retake quizzes.

Are you accessing the worksheets from the parent log in -> Lesson Plans section? Be sure to check out the 5th grade language arts, because it contains a few teachering guides.

HTH-
    Mandy
    ds Doodlebug 11yo
    currently homeschooling with an eclectic mess of stuff

homeschool graduates:
    ds Cashew 20yo
    ds Peanut 22yo

Blog Entries

Thanks Mandy and Yca for your input. I love it when we can help each other out with stuff like this. Really shows what a community we are.

Junior Member Newbie

I am still fumbling around this site, it makes me crazy! It must not be intuitive. Anyway, where are the work sheets??

Blog Entries

As you open a subject, let's say math. Go to a lesson in math. Under the icon for the lesson you will see the word resource. Click on that and the worksheet will come up. Not every lesson has a worksheet available. Please ask any other questions you might have. I guarantee that if you have a question, 10 other people do also and they are just too embarrassed to ask.