Parent Community & Forum

Parents! Chat about kids, education, parenting, homeschooling and more.

Thread: Help!

Junior Member Newbie

Default Help!

Hi to all homeschoolers,
    I am new to this whole homeschooling thing & it is a little scarry if I do say so myself. I was wondering if anyone could tell me why it is showing up when I am veiwing my childs lessons. From what I read it said if I used the arrow key it wouldnt show up.

Administrator hearthstone_academy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hi! Don't be scared! You can do this!

If you haven't been marking your child's lessons as complete, then they won't show up in his reports. They WILL show up under "Recent Work", which is confusing at first, because that's the tab the portfolio shows when you first open it. ALL program access (including parent previews) will show up under Recent Work, and it will be retained a maximum of one one. Click on the "Reports" tab to view and print reports for your student. Only COMPLETED work appears under Reports, and it should be retained indefinitely (although, because technology is never perfect, Time4Learning recommends printing a weekly report from that tab).

I hope this helps. Please feel free to post any questions you have getting started.

Mom of six from age 9 to age 30. With Time4Learning since 2006!

Junior Member Newbie

Thank you,
    This has been a big help! Now my child is having a hard time with 5th grade math can you help?

Administrator hearthstone_academy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

How is he/she having difficulty?

Is it that the work is too "hard" or something else?

I often recommend that students begin a grade level lower than where they might be expected to start. They can move up as they become accustomed to how the program works.

Also, it helps if you sit with your child as they do their work on a regular basis, especially for math.

Mom of six from age 9 to age 30. With Time4Learning since 2006!