Parent Community & Forum

Parents! Chat about kids, education, parenting, homeschooling and more.

Default Help for teaching la extensions lessons???????????????

Hi,
    I am homeschooling my kid but in la ext. for example pollution lesson in grade 1,how to start teach...........to use vocabulary and phonics list,with lesson exercises but I am unable to collect different stories related to pollution so should I carry on only with the lesson and its exercises...........
    If child is unable to write more than one or 2 sentences in writing how does water pollution hurt fish?then what to do.......................
    help pls................
    where is grammer for grade 1???????????????

Any one pls. guide.............................

Administrator hearthstone_academy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hi. You don't need to supplement the first grade language arts extension lessons with books. It's always good to read a variety of books to your child, and it would be a nice "extra" if some of them had to do with what he or she was studying, but it isn't required.

A first grader isn't expected to be able to write more than a sentence or two about any topic. Time4Learning provides the Story Creator for writing practice. One or two sentences is GREAT at this age!

First graders focus on phonics and learning to read, but there are some grammar lessons incorporated into the fluency lessons later in the language arts curriculum. In third grade, the children study grammar extensively.

Homeschooling 6 Kids for 15 Years and Counting