Parent Community & Forum

Parents! Chat about kids, education, parenting, homeschooling and more.

Junior Member Newbie

Default How to skip sections?

I moved my daughter back to 3rd grade math so that she could get a confidence boost, get used to the curriculum and review some things she may have missed before we joined T4L.

However, some sections are just too easy, so I've been having her just go straight to the Quiz to see if she already knows the material. If she gets 80% or better, we move on. My question is how will the program know we've decided to skip some sections? Will the "arrow" continue to point to the section we're supposed to be on, or is there some way of telling it we're going to skip something?

We have skipped lessons as well for the same reasons.There is no way of "telling" the program that you are skipping and if you skip something it will not show completed,But if you skip one lesson but complete the next it will show the ones you did do completed.You just have to kinda keep a mental note of where you are,I know this may seem a bit of a task ,But its really not at least it isn't for us when we go back for review
    Maybe this is a suggestion you might want to share with T4L that you would like a way to skip lessons and have them marked as so ,I know the T4L staff is really friendly,Helpful & I am sure would welcome any ideas or suggestion you might have to better thier program
    I hope this has helped !
    Roadschooling Mom to DD & DS

Administrator hearthstone_academy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Time4Learning uses curriculum developed by CompassLearning, who only provides it to schools. Time4Learning has purchased a license allowing them to offer it for individual use. Because Time4Learning is not the developer, they are unable to modify the program, although they can add things to it (such as the Playground).

If a student scores well on a chapter test (not a quiz), all of the icons in that chapter are designated as "Mastered" . . . even if they haven't been completed. If your daughter scores well on all of the quizzes in a chapter, you might want to have her also take the chapter text, as an additional assessment and to get that cool "Mastered" indication.

Mom of six from age 9 to age 30. With Time4Learning since 2006!

Quote Originally Posted by hearthstone_academy View Post
    Time4Learning uses curriculum developed by CompassLearning, who only provides it to schools. Time4Learning has purchased a license allowing them to offer it for individual use. Because Time4Learning is not the developer, they are unable to modify the program, although they can add things to it (such as the Playground).

If a student scores well on a chapter test (not a quiz), all of the icons in that chapter are designated as "Mastered" . . . even if they haven't been completed. If your daughter scores well on all of the quizzes in a chapter, you might want to have her also take the chapter text, as an additional assessment and to get that cool "Mastered" indication.
    This has worked well for my kids. It's amazing how excited my 9 year old gets when that "Mastered" stamp is put on a unit. It's a real confidence booster!