Parent Community & Forum

Parents! Chat about kids, education, parenting, homeschooling and more.

Default Language arts ext....??

How do you incorporate the Language Arts Extension area? I feel like I saw an area discussing this before, but I could be mistaken. I am confused about how to use this with the Language arts program. Is it extra? Do you incorporate it every day along witht the Language arts section? I hope this isn't a silly question. Thanks for any help!

Sincerely,
    Dakotamom

Quote Originally Posted by dakotamom View Post
    How do you incorporate the Language Arts Extension area? I feel like I saw an area discussing this before, but I could be mistaken. I am confused about how to use this with the Language arts program. Is it extra? Do you incorporate it every day along witht the Language arts section? I hope this isn't a silly question. Thanks for any help!

Sincerely,
    Dakotamom

Awww..No this is not a "Silly" question
    I think this is up to you.You could use it as extra or use it everyday .I know for us,My daughter really likes doing them and they seem to help reinforce what she is Learning in the Language Arts area...
    This is why I really like T4L, Because we can pick and choose,speed up ,go slow ,go back ,go forwards .You know work how we want at our own pace to fit what our child needs.
    Anyways,Never feel like you can not ask a question ,We have all been there.There is never a question too silly,stupid or weird ...
    I hope I have helped
    Keri
    Home/Road-Schooling Mom to DD & DS !
    View my Blog <~ Click here

For second grade, I scheduled them as Science or Social Studies. They are all topical in those two areas for first and second grade (and actually, we did all of the 1st and 2nd extensions in 2nd). In 3rd grade and up, they are more grammar/structure/literature 'Language Arts' topic based, so this year I scheduled them as their own thing, alongside LA.

I use the 'divide the year' scheduling method - count total number of lessons in a given subject, divide by a 36 week year to get a rough number of lessons that should be done each week (which is never a round number!), and then I go through the topics to see where to divide the lessons based on what should be done together.

HTH!
    JC

Default Thanks!

Thanks so much! I appreciate the replies. I like knowing that there is not a 'right' or 'wrong' and it is basically what will work best for our homeschooling! I love this forum area because there is such kind help!

Sincerely,
    Dakotamom

OH I was kind of confused about the LA extension section as well! Thanks!