Parent Community & Forum

Parents! Chat about kids, education, parenting, homeschooling and more.

Junior Member Newbie

Default new/ help please!

Hi, i think i have figured out most of time4l. but i have a few questions- when i go to look at my daughters progress, why is her assignments empty? Is there a difference between the activities,quizzes & assignments? If so, please inform me! I would love to know from others since we are new to this, how aprox. how many assignments/ activities do you have your children do each day? My daughter is 12 and doing the 6th grade level. Any other advice would greatly be appreciated!

Blog Entries

The assignments function does not work for time4learning. This program was purchased from Compass Learning Odyssey. They also sell the program to school systems. Schools use the assignment function to tell their students what work they need to do. Time4Learning is looking in to making the assignment function available to all of us.

My son is in third grade for most of his work. We usually do between three and four activities in each subject each day. But if we have an outside activity to go to, we may not do any t4l. It all works out. If you want to figure it out exactly you can take the total number of activities in say, Language Arts. Then divide that number by the number of days you plan on doing that subject. If there are 156 lessons in language arts and you plan on working 3 days a week for 32 weeks, you would need to do 1.6 lessons per day in order to finish on time. We work as much as we feel like each day and then take off when we want to. Some days we may be on a roll with math and we will skip the other subjects so we can focus on math. That's one of the great things about t4l. You can work at your pace.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

Junior Member Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by fairylover View Post
    The assignments function does not work for time4learning. This program was purchased from Compass Learning Odyssey. They also sell the program to school systems. Schools use the assignment function to tell their students what work they need to do. Time4Learning is looking in to making the assignment function available to all of us.

My son is in third grade for most of his work. We usually do between three and four activities in each subject each day. But if we have an outside activity to go to, we may not do any t4l. It all works out. If you want to figure it out exactly you can take the total number of activities in say, Language Arts. Then divide that number by the number of days you plan on doing that subject. If there are 156 lessons in language arts and you plan on working 3 days a week for 32 weeks, you would need to do 1.6 lessons per day in order to finish on time. We work as much as we feel like each day and then take off when we want to. Some days we may be on a roll with math and we will skip the other subjects so we can focus on math. That's one of the great things about t4l. You can work at your pace.
    Thank you so much! We are new to homeschooling & so far so good! I can see my daughters real personality emerging again! All her anxiety, bad moods, etc. are going away. I had to pull her out, she was not learning at all due to the anxiety & they were not very helpful in the public school setting. So hopefully this is the right choice!