Parent Community & Forum

Parents! Chat about kids, education, parenting, homeschooling and more.

Junior Member Newbie

Question Online private homeschool in Texas

Hi,

I am planning on relocating in Texas I have two children and I would like to know if online home school programs are approved by the state of Texas? I will really appreciate if you may provide me any information about this or information about a website where I could find this information. Thanks.

-Carol

Blog Entries

From what I can see in reading Texas law, as long as you are the parent and you are actually homeschooling your child, you can use any curriculum "including that which appears on an electronic screen of either a computer or video tape monitor." Oh man, I just copied that and now I can't find the page I copied it from. But this is a good link for answering questions. Texas is one of the easiest states to homeschool in. I think the biggest requirement is to teach good citizenship. Basically there are no reports to file or anyone to register with. I would suggest that you go to the Texas Parent Forum so you can talk to other families who are homeschooling in Texas.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Eleven year old Dakota

Junior Member Newbie

Thumbs up Homeschooling in Texas

fairylover,

Thank you so much for your reply and the information you provided me. Have a wonderful day.

Blog Entries

Glad I could help. Feel free to come back and ask any other questions you might have.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Eleven year old Dakota