Parent Community & Forum

Parents! Chat about kids, education, parenting, homeschooling and more.

Default question on home school laws

Can anyone tell me if the schools have to permit me to pull my daughter out of one or 2 classes and home school her in those? Or is it all or none? I live in Wasington State and do not want to take away school from my daughter but she has one teacher that is not going to help her be successful and after half a year of fighting the teacher and school I am done and I need to be the one to make my daughter successful.

Any help or advise is appreciated!!!!

Thanks

Blog Entries

That's a tough question. You would be better asking it on the Washington Parent forum. They have a lot more experience in Washington law than I do. I read over the law to try to find an answer to your question and I don't see this situation addressed. By posting on the Washington Forum, someone there may have done this and can let you know what their experience was.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

Blog Entries

I am going to venture to guess it is all or nothing.
    Joyfully,
    Jackie

Blog Entries

I know that some school systems in New Jersey and New York will allow a child to take a few classes in the school even if they are homeschooled. It is usually classes like PE or music or things like that. And it is the individual school system that makes that decision. But I have no idea about Washington.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota