Parent Community & Forum

Parents! Chat about kids, education, parenting, homeschooling and more.

Default Science! Need input from middle school parents! HELP!

Ok, we have completed all T4L science.
    My Mom bought the boys a kit(Core Science Kit) to the tune of $200 from one of her teacher catalogs for Xmas 2008 and we decided to save it for when we got to this stage of T4L.
    Ummmmm.....
    The kit is SO boring.
    Remember that horrid science teacher you had in high school or college and while it was a required course..... you couldnt wait to be done with it because it was SO dry and boring..... well, this kit is it. YIKES!
    I was going to resell it and use $ to buy other science stuff but it has dropped in price down to $70-99 depending upon where you get it so I am thinking we may keep it and just cannibalize it for other science stuff.

So, now I am back to square one.
    Anyone have great sites with cool and FUN science, geared for older kids?
    I have Steve Spangler Science and while he has fun stuff..... not really enough for a whole year.
    Or do you have a fun book you can recommend with cool science stuff in it geared for older kids?
    Yesterday we played with solar paper because I had it.... once we read over the manual for this kit and all agreed it was bad.

But..... I am hoping for something or some place I can go to do more science!

THANKS!!!

We have noeo Science. it came 91
    Adria
    Mommy of 4
    Bryanna 13
    Ralphy 7
    Coleman 5
    GraceAnn 3

Let's try this again....my DD3 decided to take over! lol we have Noeo Science...we are only in week 3. It came highly recommended to us so I decided to try it. Right now it seems boring still but looks like it will get better. The reading so far has at least been shorter portions instead of 10 pages about one subject. It is very simply laid out for you to follow. Just thought I would pass it on.
    Adria
    Mommy of 4
    Bryanna 13
    Ralphy 7
    Coleman 5
    GraceAnn 3