Parent Community & Forum

Parents! Chat about kids, education, parenting, homeschooling and more.

Thread: Student ID

Default Student ID

Hi - I have noticed some vendors offer discounts to teachers and homeschoolers. However, they require identification as a homeschooler. Does T4L offer any sort of homeschooling ID cards?
    Thanks

Hi 4my2guys!

T4L is a curriculum, not a school itself. What I did is made my own ID's for my kids, using the family name and the word academy, the school year and a digital photo in Microsoft Word. I printed it out on a business card and it has their age, dob, and school year on it. Sandwich in a self laminating card holder you can get at any office supplies store and voila - insta ID card. It's useful for both stores that offer home schooler discounts and has been helpful when we've traveled too. We flew across country and the kids don't have their passports, so we used those ID's with the airlines.

I did mine too, grabbed Ed the Mouse and the background color.
    I used Microsoft digital editor and saved it as .png, png is easier to edit than .jpg
    Every year all i have to do is change the pic and text.
    I dont have the academy name, but i have DOB, Name, School Year, Grade and T4L member number.
    I even made one for myself (teacher's id). Laminated them and turned out pretty nice.

Thanks so much for the ideas. Looks like exactly what I need!

Blog Entries

Here is a website that you just fill in the blanks and then print it out for FREE. (or pay a small fee for them to print it)

Homeschool Buyers Co-op: Homeschooling discounts, resources, and free curriculum.

Here is a place you can order one from too.

HomeSchool ID - Safety...Security...Peace of Mind
    Brandy - Christian (86), Wife (93), and Mother (boy 99, girl 07,boy 08). Homeschooling since 2003. Come check out our adventures in life and Time4Learning.com at Five in Training For Him.