Parent Community & Forum

Parents! Chat about kids, education, parenting, homeschooling and more.

Default Switched on Schoolhouse....ANYBODY HAVE AN OPINION ON THIS CURRICULUM??

Hey Guys...
    Just wondering if any of you have used Alpha Omega 'Switched on Schoolhouse'? We're bringing our daughter home next year (7th grade next year) and are looking at different programs for her.

Thank you for any advice!

Jamelle
    Jamelle

I can't help a whole lot but we do plain on using SOS (Switched on Schoolhouse) next year. I have been looking at it for a few years so far and really like compared to the other options out there.

Hello mom2seven...

Since I posted this question--I've talked to 3 families that have actually used Switched on Schoolhouse at our Home School group and I thought I'd pass this a long.

All three families said that they liked Switched on Schoolhouse--but they suggested to only use it for one or two subjects. They said if you use it for every subject--it gets a little boring and the kids get tired of it. They all used it more than one year and were satisfied.

Jamelle
    Jamelle

Quote Originally Posted by Jamelle View Post
    Hello mom2seven...

Since I posted this question--I've talked to 3 families that have actually used Switched on Schoolhouse at our Home School group and I thought I'd pass this a long.

All three families said that they liked Switched on Schoolhouse--but they suggested to only use it for one or two subjects. They said if you use it for every subject--it gets a little boring and the kids get tired of it. They all used it more than one year and were satisfied.

Jamelle

Thank you, I didn't think about the boring part of it.

Junior Member Newbie

We are using Alpha Omega's Monarch online, which is the same curriculum as SOS. We are using it for all subjects. The math is confusing for my 7th grader. History and science can be up to 50 questions long. It is boring. I'm thinking of changing next school year.
    My neighbor is using SOS for her 5th grader in all subjects. Her son says it's boring and confusing.