Parent Community & Forum

Parents! Chat about kids, education, parenting, homeschooling and more.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Upset Over Incorrect Answers

Default Upset Over Incorrect Answers

I am getting very upset with some of these quizzes. My son has taken several math quizzes that showed he had the wrong answer and after checking his work I can not understand how the answers can be wrong and since there is no answer sheet how can I explain to him how it go it wrong when I don't understand it either. I know for a fact that several problems he has done in the past have been correct buy counted against him.

Blog Entries

I'll pass this on to tech support. I've not come up against this problem in math. I did have it once in social studies. But only one question.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

Administrator hearthstone_academy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hi! Can you give us an example? We need to know which quiz is causing problems, along with a specific question and the answer that was marked wrong.

We need information about a specific problem to determine if there's a program error. Often, especially in math, it's due to a misunderstanding about how the problem is worked. I would like to look this over and report any errors to the developer.

Mom of six from age 9 to age 30. With Time4Learning since 2006!

Blog Entries

I will say we had problems with math in the beginning until I realized that some questions have MORE than one answer in order to be correct. Could that be part of the problem?
    Joyfully,
    Jackie

Blog Entries

That was one of the issues in another user's situation, too.

Sorry I couldn't get back to you sooner. I have been trying to find the quiz but it must be at my daughters house. I home school my grandson for her and send his papers home at night for her to look over. If she still has them I will try to get them and look them over.

Blog Entries

Let us know when you find them. We'll try to help you out.

I am having the same problem that tcooper0920 is and it is getting ridiculous. My daughter is getting so confused and she is getting upset and so am I. We have had this problem on language arts and math, and this is happening several times on the Builder and in the addition, subtraction strategies. I can understand a glitch here and there... but this is much more than a glitch. We are paying to have our children get confused now, and this is uncalled for.

Blog Entries

Hi. I'm sorry you are frustrated. We need to know the specific lesson activity that is giving you problems, so we can check it out. Providing the lesson activity number, or at least the grade level and lesson title, would be helpful.

I will share that I've addressed this type of problem numerous times, and it has always been a misunderstanding about how the lesson works or how to work the problem. With a specific example, it can be resolved quickly; otherwise, there is no way for me to check the lesson activity for you.

There are occasional technical glitches in any program but, so far, none of the glitches have involved correctly answered problems being marked incorrect. Yours could be the exception, so I'd love to check them for you.

Blog Entries

I ran into this a few times in math. It was almost always because I did not understand what they were looking for. Once I figured out how to do the problem I was able to explain it to my son so we both understood it. It can be frustrating but it helps us all learn.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast