Parent Community & Forum

Parents! Chat about kids, education, parenting, homeschooling and more.

Default We did our back to school shopping!

Headed out to the stores today! We bought new crayons, markers, pencils, erasers, and glue of course! We also got a first day of school shirt and some new sneakers.

Then we came home and emptied out our old school pencil boxes, washed them up, and filled them up with the new goodies.

We won't really get into the swing of things until after labor day, and we did school much of the summer. But this is our way of getting excited for the next year to begin.

Fun stuff!

Yca
    Blog Entries

I love school supply shopping. I love it even better because I'm not rushing around Target at 9pm on a Sunday night with a school supply list freaking out because the only folders they have left are purple. As soon as Target puts their sale items out, I go. In the middle of the day, usually with only one or maybe two kids, and I stock up on all the stuff we use the most. And its quiet and grand and lovely.

Speaking of shoes .... took Jack shoe shopping this week. He has grown into a size 7. That's MEN'S y'all. I cried. It wasn't pretty.
    ~ Yca ~
    (otherwise known as Jess )

Wife to Dave and Mom to Red - 13, The Princess - 11, Fluffyheaded Diva - 6, and Sir Smiley - 3
    Read about our adventures HERE!

Blog Entries

We don't really do special back to school shopping. We usually have to buy shoes in the fall but that's about it. Sounds like you guys had a great time getting everything you wanted. I heard recently that Staples is a great place for back to school shopping.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

I shop this time of year mostly because all of the stores have crazy sales! They have teacher appreciation days where I get boxes of crayons for example for 99 cents each. You can get reams of paper for next to nothing. Markers for 99 cents. It's crazy!

Blog Entries

Staples has some great sales as well. Check them out.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota