Parent Community & Forum

Parents! Chat about kids, education, parenting, homeschooling and more.

Thread: writing?

Junior Member Newbie

Default writing?

Just wondering if there will be enough writing assignments with in T4L or if I need to compe up with my own?? Thank you!

Blog Entries

There are writing assignments with Odyssey, but it is always fun to add things your child might be interested in learning about to his writing schedule. My daughter loves anime, so she writes fan fiction on her own blog as part of her writing lessons. We edit together, which is a super way for me to also teach grammar. She tries hard because she knows real people are reading her blog and she wants it to be good. That ownership factor goes a long way in keeping her motivated and trying her best.
    Joyfully,
    Jackie

Blog Entries

My son hates writing so he usually doesn't do the assignments included in the lessons. I have him tell me what he would write about. But for him to have to write it down on paper is torture. I have heard a lot lately about kids having blogs that are restricted to just a few friends and relatives. It's a great way to keep the grandparents informed about what the child is doing and what their interests are. And it improves their writing skills at the same time.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota