Parent Community & Forum

Parents! Chat about kids, education, parenting, homeschooling and more.

+ Reply to Thread
    Cecilia P. Cole, M.A.

Default I wonder if anyone has faced a similar situation

Hello! I am a mother who is leaving only with my son, he was attending a public school in the area 6th grader, the school was much too much trouble for my son, bullying, teachers language in the classroom wasn't appropiate, iI make an attempt to discuss curriculum an I was nastly put off by the administrators. My son was and is very scared to attend school, and everyday he was very sick and tired almost to tears. The administrator demostratated lack of respect for our needs and things turn ugly. I needed to hired an attorney to make the school my rights to express my son's needs but it was useless. Finally, I registered him for home schooling, but his father who doesn't leave with us and hardly ever have taking a role in my son's life, has started complaining that homeschooling is not school, and while my son is happy and learning very well and respond marvelous to all the ideas, his absent father is harrasing about the issue. Tell me anyone has deal with an issue of this sort. I run the program as an school.

Thanks,

Cecilia P. Cole, M.A. in Clinical Psychology

nryninaygr

Default About your son...

I think the best thing to do is put your foot down. Bulk up by getting all of the laws and homeschool regulations in your area, and give them to him. Show him your sons progress reports etc. My sister has an ex that sound about as ominous as this, and you can never protect yourself and your babe too much. If for any reason "CPS" comes to your door and wants to see the "learning area" you can kindly inform them to get a court order. Best thing to do is get oberinformed, and be ready. The Chinese proverb says: "To be prepared for war is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace... "
    Good Luck, and don't give up!

Unregistered

Angry Mother that won't allow Emerson school or husband to scared me off

Quote Originally Posted by Cecilia P. Cole, M.A. View Post
    Hello! I am a mother who is leaving only with my son, he was attending a public school in the area 6th grader, the school was much too much trouble for my son, bullying, teachers language in the classroom wasn't appropiate, iI make an attempt to discuss curriculum an I was nastly put off by the administrators. My son was and is very scared to attend school, and everyday he was very sick and tired almost to tears. The administrator demostratated lack of respect for our needs and things turn ugly. I needed to hired an attorney to make the school my rights to express my son's needs but it was useless. Finally, I registered him for home schooling, but his father who doesn't leave with us and hardly ever have taking a role in my son's life, has started complaining that homeschooling is not school, and while my son is happy and learning very well and respond marvelous to all the ideas, his absent father is harrasing about the issue. Tell me anyone has deal with an issue of this sort. I run the program as an school.

Thanks,

Cecilia P. Cole, M.A. in Clinical Psychology
    I never posted this anywhere, someone in the Emerson school in Park Ridge, they where the biggest threat and therefore they change my original message to project it on the other party. Yes, he is always objecting anything but I go by the law. But with Emerson School bullying me, and acting with abuse of authority I had no choice but homeschool my son. I thank the police that help me and my son to validate a case that a teacher who was being sneaky around using the little girls bathroom.

Junior Member Newbie

First of all, I would not allow the Father to put his 2 cents in if he is not actively being a part of his son's life! If you are the one and only constant in that child's life, then you are the only one that should be able to make the decision of whether he should be home schooled. Secondly, if you feel that your son is being bullied at school then that is another good reason to home school. Thirdly, many parents choose private schooling because the private schools have more 1 on 1 interaction with the teachers because there are less students than in public schools. Therefore homeschooling your son is terrific because you can give him the attention he needs to learn and be successful. I commend you for being a great parent and doing this for your son.

Ask me how to receive a Free $500 scholarship valid at over 300 private colleges nationwide.

For more information visit http://www.retirementplanningstore.c...rd-points.html
    Last edited by Hopwood04; 05-29-2013 at 02:06 PM.

Junior Member Newbie

Abraham Lincoln was homeschooled, and I think he turned out pretty well! Remind him that public schools as we know them, have not been around for long. My ex wasn't on board at first, but I had him log in so that he could see my DS's progress. I'm new to this, too, but you are doing the right thing.