Parent Community & Forum

Parents! Chat about kids, education, parenting, homeschooling and more.

+ Reply to Thread
    robbinsknd

Default New to the program, advice welcomed and appreciated

My son is 7 years old, 2nd grader working at 1st grade level, diagnosed PDD-NOS 2 years ago. Public school has not tapped into his best way to learn, so I figured I would. Anyone with experience, I would love your feedback. pros/cons, outside activities, schedules, time mangement. Your own experiences what works and doesnt for you and your child/children. Just looking for some feedback.

Blog Entries

Hi there and welcome! I'm sorry that public school isn't working for your son, but happy to hear that homeschooling is an option for you!

We are very relaxed in our schedule. My boys are in 2nd and 7th grades. We don't have a set plan for the year, but they know they are to do 2 of each in LA and Math and 1 each of Science and Social Studies, on the days that they log in. They don't log onto T4L every day. They also work on websites like SpellingCity and my oldest is taking a course from Time4Writing.

Many other families that use T4L, use it in a more structured way.

As far as advice for helping with your son, I don't have any personal experience there...but you can check out our Special Needs forum. There you have a better chance of finding members who are looking for and sharing the same info. You may also want to check out the Members Chat on Using T4L forum. That can be a good place for general info about how everyone is using the program.

I hope I helped, at least a little. Always feel free to ask any questions you may have and I look forward to checking back in with you!
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek, called Mama by two incredible boys.
    Accidental homeschoolers that are now entering their 10th year (2014-15) of homeschooling!

Visit me at You. Me. Us.