Parent Community & Forum

Parents! Chat about kids, education, parenting, homeschooling and more.

+ Reply to Thread

Default Homeschool Day at Calvert Marine Museum!!

April 24th from 10am-3pm Calvert Marine Museum will offer its Homeschool day! The prices are very reasonable, as you can see if you follow the link. The theme of the homeschool day is "Working on the Water". There will be a wide range of activities. Sounds like a lot of fun, check it out!
    Linda
    Homeschooling on the internet, at the desk, on the sofa, in the car,
    and at Web-Home-School!

Unregistered

Default Are you in Calvert?

I noticed you posted about the Marine Museum in Calvert County. I am new to Maryland and I would like to homeschool my son for Kindergarten next year. I have done a bit of looking for a local homeschool group, but I just had our third child so I've been a bit pre occupied!
    Any info you can pass along would be great. Thanks.
    tlyax@yahoo.com

Welcome! My understanding of homeschooling in Maryland is that it is pretty easy. Let me direct you to A to Z Home's Cool Maryland page. Ann has a pretty comprehensive collection of rules for homeschooling in Maryland. You will find minimum age requirements, required subjects, and other useful information there. If your child is not compulsory school age yet, you can go ahead and educate without registering with the state in any way. Hope this helps! Feel free to ask any other questions you might have
    Linda
    Homeschooling on the internet, at the desk, on the sofa, in the car,
    and at Web-Home-School!