Parent Community & Forum

Parents! Chat about kids, education, parenting, homeschooling and more.

+ Reply to Thread
    Blog Entries

Default Fun summer stuff...

Hey all! Hope everyone is enjoying their summers so far. Wanted to see what kind of fun summer stuff you guys have planned. Any cool field trips, activities, etc. up your sleeves?

Please share what you guys will be up to this summer!
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek, called Mama by two incredible boys.
    Accidental homeschoolers that are now entering their 10th year (2014-15) of homeschooling!

Visit me at You. Me. Us.

Blog Entries

For those who many not have anything planned, here are a few things I found that are going on around the state...

This Week's Picks:

July 3rd through July 8th
    Sunday, July 3 - Kids Fun Run

The 2011 Patriot Place Kid’s Fun Run, where children under 12 will run inside Gillette Stadium while parents watch from the stands.

Where: Gillette Stadium,Patriot Place
    When: 4:00 PM
    Who: Kids 12 and under
    How: Register here or on the day of
    Cost: $10
    For more info: For a list of more events that day click here

Monday, July 4 through Saturday, September 3 - Summer Sensation at Patriot Place

Daily at Patriot Place there will be various activities and events for the kids.

Where: Patriot Place
    When: 11:00 AM (Time and Dates Vary)
    Who: All
    How: Show up
    Cost: Free
    For more info: Click to see daily schedule

Friday, July 8 through Friday, September 2 - Free Fun Fridays

Massachusetts residents are invited to visit different attractions throughout the state on Fridays throughout the Summer of 2011. Various locations on the same day. Check site for specifics.

Where: Various locations
    When: 9:00 AM (Times Vary)
    Who: All, check specific places for details
    How: Show up
    Cost: FREE
    For more info: click here for more details and a list of dates and attractions.

Thursday, July 7 - Baby Boot Camp at the Zoo Bring your animal-lovers for an hour-long workout surrounded by your favorite zoo animals. After class, you are free to enjoy the zoo for the rest of the afternoon. Pack a lunch and see the rest of the animals we didn't visit during class. Your first class is free and your admission to the zoo is covered by Baby Boot Camp.

Where: Franklin Park Zoo
    When: 10:00 AM
    Who: Mommy and baby
    How: email allison.benitez@babybootcamp.com
    Cost: First class is free, admission to zoo included
    For more info: For more information, email Allison at allison.benitez@babybootcamp.com

Katie
    Accidental homeschoolers that are now entering their 10th year (2014-15) of homeschooling!

Visit me at You. Me. Us.

Blog Entries

By the way... here is the site that I found these things on. It's a great resource for things going on around you. You can just pick your state, then pick your city/area! Most of the states seem to have weekly posts, if not more often, about things that are happening.

National : Macaroni Kid
    Katie

Visit me at You. Me. Us.