Parent Community & Forum

Parents! Chat about kids, education, parenting, homeschooling and more.

Junior Member Newbie

Default new to home schooling

I have a 14 year old in eighth grade and we are new to the program, so far everything is going well, but I don't know if we are doing everything right. He works on different subjects every day , but how many hours a day should he be working???? Is this program state credit for oklahoma, someone told me it wasn't . How do we know that he has passed the eight grade and will move on , and do you offer a program for ninth graders and on???

Administrator hearthstone_academy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm not sure what you mean when you ask, "Is this program state credit for Oklahoma . . . ?" From what I can find online, Oklahoma does not regulate homeschooling, which usually means you can use the curriculum of your choice in your preferred manner.

Read all of the Time4Learning Hints. They will help you determine the best way to proceed with your son's education. Also, read the free Time4Learning Welcome to Homeschooling Guide.

You can access the lesson plans by logging in as a parent. The lesson plans tell you how many activities, quizzes, and tests there are in each subject at each grade level. That information will help you decide how much your son needs to do each day. Few children spend more than two or three hours on their computer lessons daily. The balance of the school day consists of reading, writing, music practice, sports activities, and enrichment study.

Time4Learning does not currently provide high school lessons. There is algebra, which is intended for advanced middle schoolers. I'm using it for my high schooler, though. You might also consider Time4Writing when he enters high school. Time4Writing offers writing classes for elementary through high school.

Homeschooling 6 Kids for 15 Years and Counting