Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dezgie

Thread: Oddessy Writing Assignments and Quizzes not completing

Angry Oddessy Writing Assignments and Quizzes not completing

I know I have seen this here and there but I can't put my fingers on it. We have completed a few Oddessy writing assignments and some quizzes. Some show as completed with the check marks and some do not. I think we completed them the same way. Any ideas on why they are not showing as completed and how we can get them to check off would be great. Thanks! Other than that, this has been a great platform so far!
    knight.april likes this.

Default Re: Oddessy Writing Assignments and Quizzes not completing

Did your student go into the Odyssey Writer assignment, save it and hand it in?

Unhappy Re: Oddessy Writing Assignments and Quizzes not completing

I am experiencing the same issue with 3rd Grade Language Arts assignments that use Odyssey Writer as the assignment format. I have no idea how to complete the assignments so the lessons will show a check mark indicating they were completed. I think the Activity Planner automatically checks them every night, but no check appears for the lesson itself.

Administrator hearthstone_academy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

When your student finishes an Odyssey Writer assignment, they need to click the Hand In icon at the top of the screen. Then, they need to choose any fictitious "teacher". "Handing the assignment in" does not actually send it to anyone. It just causes it to be marked as completed and to appear in your student's reports as a link where the score would typically be found. When you check your child's reports and notice the link, you can click it to view and/or print and manually grade your child's writing assignment.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

mlp

Can I also ask - after the assignment is sent to a teacher, how do I know when the writing is graded? Will I receive a notification or message? Thank you.

Administrator hearthstone_academy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hi, mlp.

When you homeschool, YOU are the teacher! "Sending" a writing assignment to a fictitious teacher doesn't really send it to anyone. It just causes it to be marked as completed and to appear as a link in your child's reports. When you check his or her reports and notice a writing assignment, you can print the N/A that appears in the place of a grade to print and grade the assignment manually.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!