Still unhappy with the reports section
" "
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By coolschooler

Thread: Still unhappy with the reports section

Junior Member Newbie

Default Still unhappy with the reports section

I have been using T4L 7 months now. I asked this question before, but I still haven't figured it out. I print my sons activities monthly. Why is it the dates are not showing in order? Within each subject his activities do not list in the order he completed them. It is a jumbled mess. I just want chronological order.
    Birdylou1 and Muntic0re like this.

Administrator hearthstone_academy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The "Recent Work" reports can be sorted however you wish, by clicking on the column heading.

For some reason, the "Reports" section can't be sorted. It's not as random as you might think at first, but I agree that the information isn't provided in the most usable order. It is first sorted by activity type. Within the activity types, it is sorted further. Tests are listed in alphabetical order according to their titles and learning activities are presented in numerical order according to their lesson activity numbers.

This is part of CompassU's programming, and I don't think it's something Time4Learning can change, but I'll check to make sure. (The curriculum used by Time4Learning belongs to CompassU, who only offers it to schools. Time4Learning has purchased a license from CompassU, allowing them to offer it to individuals.)

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Junior Member Newbie

Thanks for your help. Maybe it's better this way. It will take the county a long time to figure out exactly what we are doing. At least it's documented.
    Have a great day!

Blog Entries

It will take the county a long time to figure out exactly what we are doing.

LOL!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Junior Member Newbie

Default Re: Still unhappy with the reports section

I am having the same question. Even if the reports could have the chapter numbers listed it could be easier to track. Alphabetical order makes no sense. Please continue to work on this! And thank you in advance for trying to fix it.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Still unhappy with the reports section

Eight years since the original post, I have learned that the activities aren't "really" in alphabetical order. They are in numerical order according to lesson activity number. I suspect the lessons were put in alphabetical order before being numbered when the program was created, so that's why they appear to be alphabetical . . . but, as new lessons are added, they will appear in numerical order. You can use the lesson activity numbers to match what appears in the reports with what appears in the lesson plans/scope and sequence.