Parent Community & Forum

Parents! Chat about kids, education, parenting, homeschooling and more.

Member Regular

Default Upper Level Login vs Lower Level Login

What is the difference? Where is the split? Can you access "upper level" levels from the Lower Level Login, and vice versa, either directly, or when the student's current level is at the highest lower or lowest upper level?

Administrator hearthstone_academy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lower level is from preschool through third grade. Upper level is fourth grade through eighth grade.

You cannot access the upper level from the lower level or vice versa. Let's use a student who is working in third grade math and fourth grade language as an example. That student would need to log in to math from the lower level and language from the upper level.

Trivia: When Time4Learning first started, it only went through third grade. The upper level was added later.

Mom of six from age 9 to age 30. With Time4Learning since 2006!

Member Regular

So the thing where a student can access one level above and below the level she's set at hits a cap at 3rd grade (and a floor at 4th)? Could a student whose level is set at 3rd grade get an upper level login to go check things out at level 4?

I got to wondering about this because I saw in another thread that you can get t4l set up so that your upper level child can go through the lower level login to access upper level lessons: "We can set your child up to go in through the lower level for their upper level lessons if you really want them to still have the timer. "

Blog Entries

One of my own children has to log in from both levels. If I try to access lessons from one level through another level, I get a popup saying, "This lesson is not available through your school". I just emailed for clarification. Stay tuned!

Blog Entries

I received a reply. My original answer is correct. If they were to set up an upper level student to log in through the lower level, that student would still only have access to the upper level lessons.

Member Regular

Does the second login, if it's appropriate (to access both levels of lessons), cost more?

Blog Entries

If you have a student working at different levels for different subjects, there is no extra charge.

Member Regular

Thanks for all the information!