Considering homeschooling 3rd grader....advice on curriculum?
" "

Default Considering homeschooling 3rd grader....advice on curriculum?

I am considering homeschooling my third grade son. I have used Time4Learning in the past for summer enrichment but now I see it as being use for a full curriculum for homeschoolers. Has anyone used Time4Learning for full curriculum and how is that working out for you and what other resources are using to supplement if needed? and if anyone knows about state requirements for homeschoolers in Michigan please let me know. He is exceptionally bright but very very busy so I want to keep them advanced to avoid him getting bored .

Administrator hearthstone_academy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Considering homeschooling 3rd grader....advice on curriculum?

Hi! Welcome to the forum!

Here are Michigan's homeschool laws. They don't require notification, but it's suggested to avoid them accidentally being listed as truant. They don't require any qualifications of the teacher except that it's the child's parent or legal guardian (unless you are asking for special ed services from the school district). They don't require any testing, and you don't need to report grades. They allow you to choose the curriculum.

Although many people use Time4Learning for after-school enrichment, the majority of members are homeschool families. My own family has used Time4Learning as our core curriculum since 2006 . . . long enough for four of my six kids to graduate and go on to college.

Hopefully others will be along to share their experiences with using Time4Learning to homeschool. You might also want to post on the Michigan families' section of this forum. Nice to have you with us!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Do you use any other websites for your curriculum or for extra resources?

Administrator hearthstone_academy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Thank you so much!!