Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By schroert271
  • 1 Post By hearthstone_academy

Thread: New HS Confused-How do we find the written assignments and grading

Cool New HS Confused-How do we find the written assignments and grading

Hello,

We are new to the homeschool scene. My 12th grade daughter is enjoying T4L, but I am finding it frustrating trying to locate the written assignments she submitted for the English 4 course. She has told me she submitted the work and isn't happy I can't find it.

My questions are:

How do I locate these written assignments that were submitted?
    Does the system grade the written work or do I grade it?
    If I grade the assignment, how do I include the grade into the online grade book in T4L?
    Am I able to print the written assignments to include in her portfolio?

Any information or guidance would be greatly appreciated. I have looked through all tabs in the parent section and there isn't anything I have found that makes this experience better and without frustration.

Thanks in advance and have an awesome day!!!
    jrb49610 likes this.

Administrator hearthstone_academy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: New HS Confused-How do we find the written assignments and grading

Quote Originally Posted by schroert271 View Post
    How do I locate these written assignments that were submitted?
    Before she starts the assignment, she should click the little "copy" icon at the lower right of where she types. It looks like two tiny overlapping pieces of paper. That will copy the instructions on to the page, so you be able to see them when you grade the work. She should begin typing below that. When she is finished, she should click the little "Hand In" icon at the top, right of the page. It looks like a hand. She then selects any of the fictitious teachers. This does not actually hand it in to anyone. It causes it to be marked as completed and to appear in her Reports as a link that says N/A in the score column. When you notice that, you can click on the N/A to view and manually grade her work.

Does the system grade the written work or do I grade it?
    You do.

If I grade the assignment, how do I include the grade into the online grade book in T4L?
    The Reports are intended to be a record of all computer-scored work. Parents use that info, along with scores from worksheets they have graded themselves, writing assignments, and any extras they have added to calculate a grade for their student using their preferred method. (The Gradebook icon is designed for classroom use and is only functional for schools.)

Am I able to print the written assignments to include in her portfolio?
    Yes. If you have trouble finding it once you click on the N/A icon, look at the lower right for little numbers. Sometimes the writing assignment takes up several pages, especially if your student has pasted the instructions for you. You can use those numbers to navigate back and forth between pages.[/QUOTE]

Thanks in advance and have an awesome day!!!
    You, too. Let us know if you find anything else confusing.
    jrb49610 likes this.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!