Junior Member Newbie

Default Withdrawel From School

Hi everyone! We have decided to homeschool our 11th grader. We are not new to homeschooling, but new to withdrawing a child from school here in North Carolina. Do I need to just send in our notice of intent, or do I need to fill out forms from the school? Thank you!

Junior Member Newbie

Default Re: Withdrawel From School

hi when i decided to start homeschooling my son i called the board of education in my state of ky and they simply told me to send in a letter stating the school name i was going to be using and when i put him in the school and that was it for me and every year i have to send them a letter telling them i will again be homeschooling him. i hope its as simple as that for you

Kelly

Administrator hearthstone_academy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Withdrawel From School

Hi, GFamily!

I'm not in your state, but I found the North Carolina Department of Non-Public Education's website. Here is the page where you can notify them that you are homeschooling. They have provided really clear instructions concerning what you must do.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!