New to Homeschooling. A little nervous, but super excited!
" "
    Junior Member Newbie

Default New to Homeschooling. A little nervous, but super excited!

Hi! I am a mother of a 13 yr. old , Benjamen. I have always wanted to homeschool my son because , since day one, he has continued to struggle in the conventional public school environment. Also, I am so done with the bullying issues that he has endured
    Just want to say Hi form Virginia! Any information or suggestions are greatly appreciated!
    RobinK

Default Re: New to Homeschooling. A little nervous, but super excited!

Hi Robin! Welcome to Time4Learning! I have a son around the same age!

As you are just now coming out of the school system do take some time to 'de-school'. It sounds like the situation was stressful to say the least! Keep in mind you do not need to recreate school at home! Take time to dive in to something he would find interesting. Go explore a local historical site. If he's into space, see if there is a nearby planetarium you could go to! Explore some great documentaries together or maybe work on an art project! Mainly you want to encourage him that the process of learning CAN be fun too!

This article may help offer you some helpful advice:

4 Ways to Manage a Midyear Homeschool Transition

Let me know if you have more questions or simply want to say hi! Best wishes for you & your son!

~Missy

Junior Member Newbie

hello I'm Lexie I'm new to this trying to home school my 13 year old she's struggling really bad and its time I help so any help getting starting would help

Administrator hearthstone_academy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lexie, welcome to the forum! Here are some links you might find helpful.

Welcome to Homeschooling guide

How Long is a Homeschool Day?

Let's Homeschool High School

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Quote Originally Posted by lexie View Post
    hello I'm Lexie I'm new to this trying to home school my 13 year old she's struggling really bad and its time I help so any help getting starting would help
    Hi Lexie! Welcome to the forum! Homeschooling has been an incredible gift to our family for many years. You'll likely find your daughter will blossom at home. One of my favorite things about Time4Learning is you have access to three different grade levels -- the one you sign up for and those immediately above and below. If your daughter is struggling, try dropping back a level to where she can gain confidence by success. At times you may find learning gaps from what she learned in school can fill in easier.. then move forward again at her pace.

Try this article for some more tips as you get started mid-year:

4 Ways to Manage a Midyear Homeschool Transition

Good luck!