Parent Community & Forum

Parents! Chat about kids, education, parenting, homeschooling and more.

+ Reply to Thread

Default IHIP's coming due this summer

I'm thinking about my upcoming IHIP's for our two kids, Daniel and Virginia. Since it's our first fall season using Time4Learning I have a question. Do you send in all of the lesson plans for the year, that seems like a tremendous amount. Or, what do you do?

Thanks for any help you can give me, I appreciate it.

Blog Entries

I'm just heading out the door right now but I wanted to let you know that I saw your question. When I get home tonight I will take more time to answer.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

Blog Entries

If you go to this page: Third Grade Curriculum & 3rd Grade Lessons by Time4Learning there are brief statements of what is included for the lesson plans for each subject. You could copy and paste this into your IHIP. I used the page for third grade because my son is in third grade. But the other grades are listed along the side of the page. Make it brief at first. Then if they ask for more you can expand on it. Every school district wants something different. It's really not as scary as it sounds. Especially if you do a lot of copy and paste. Good luck with your report. Please let us know if you need more help.

Unregistered

Cool Ihip

Thanks for the answer to my question

Blog Entries

I hope that link is helpful. I also posted a request for others to post links to their reports. I hope we get some responses from that.

Yes, Kathi, it is helpful...I'm sorrry that I never posted anything to say so 'way back when'. Thanks so much for helping me with it. Our children just finished their assessment tests, which I need to send in to be graded, and now I need to work on their IHIP's so that they are done when their results come back and I can mail everything in together.

Thanks again, I really appreciate your help.

Blog Entries

Glad to be here. Feel free to ask any questions you might have. And to offer any advice as well.

Junior Member Newbie

Hello, I am working on my IHIP, and I'm confused, when I go to the curriculum page for 5th graders, should I copy and paste all of that info into my IHIP? Does that info count as syllabi? Thank you.

Blog Entries

Hi alexkim! Kathi is out of town for the next couple of days, so I thought I would try to help... I am not as familiar with the NY homeschool requirements as Kathi, but looking over her previous answers to questions similar to yours, I would say that you could copy and paste the info from this page: Fifth Grade Curriculum & 5th Grade Lessons by Time4Learning. Since the laws state a syllabi OR a plan of instruction, I would think all of that information would be sufficient for a plan of instruction.

Good luck, and please let me know if you have any more questions or if this answer isn't helpful after all, lol...
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek, called Mama by two incredible boys.
    Accidental homeschoolers that are now entering their 10th year (2014-15) of homeschooling!

Visit me at You. Me. Us.