Administrator hearthstone_academy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default What is your main reason for choosing to homeschool?

What is your main reason for choosing to homeschool?

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Blog Entries

My son had / has sensory issues, mood issues, skin picking and was delayed vocabulary. He was in several daycare that completely ignored the issues and just shuffled him from class to class to avoid triggering activities. He spoke and read about 3.5 years old almost like he needed to competently understand language before attempting it. He's still like that. We didn't want him in special needs classes if we could handle things. I feel school would aggravate more of his issues. On top of his 'stuff' we have our own 'stuff' which means extended vacations, frequent moves, schedule conflicts, and other things that really doesn't jive with school scheduled. So we home schooled.

Multiple food allergies.

Blog Entries

My husband and I wanted to homeschool before we ever had kids. Situations caused us to put our daughter in both public and private school. We pulled her out mid-year of third grade. Our daughter has dyslexia, CAPD, anxiety, and ADHD; however, even without these issues, homeschooling would still have been our choice. We are in our 8th year of homeschooling.
    Joyfully,
    Jackie

The local public school failed my son. He was miserable, not learning anything, and making the whole family miserable.