View Poll Results: In your family, is the teaching parent also otherwise employed?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, full time

3 15.79%
  • Yes, part time

5 26.32%
  • No

2 10.53%
  • Teaching parent is self employed

0 0%
  • Teaching parent works from home

8 42.11%
  • Other

1 5.26%
    Administrator hearthstone_academy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default In your family, is the teaching parent also otherwise employed?

In your family, is the teaching parent also otherwise employed?

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Blog Entries

We consider both parents the teaching parents. I have my strong suits, the hubs has his. He works from home full time as a writer/editor. I work from home but it's very, very part time.
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidental homeschoolers that are now entering their 12th year (2016-17) of homeschooling!

Visit me at You. Me. Us.

I work full-time from home and I'm the teaching parent.

I'm the teaching parent. Over the last 6 years I have worked part-time outside the home. It was a challenge! This is when I found Time4Learning, which has been great for my youngest daughter. I wish I could find something online for my high schoolers that is as affordable and effective as T4L.
    Recently I started working from home and it's the best thing for our family, next to homeschooling! I am able to work and be home for my kids, especially since I have a daughter with special needs. What a blessing!

I work from home part time and I do most of the teaching. My husband does help me quite a bit though, especially with our son who has special needs. Sometimes he takes one of the kids to work with him even! (a joy of him working for another homeschool family )

I work from home (very) part-time, and I do all the teaching.
    Mom to five of the world's most incredible kids, and homeschooling all the way!

"If the schools were perfect, I would still homeschool my children - because it isn't about school. It's about families taking back their children and educating them as they see best. School is only a substitute for the real thing."

Nutrition Curriculum For Homeschoolers at NutritionForHealthyKids.com

Junior Member Newbie

As a single mom of a 10 year old, I am the teaching parent. I also work a 40 hour week outside the home as a baker. My schedule requires that I work overnight, while my daughter stays with her grandmother. I get to my mom's house at about 6:00 am, grab a couple hours of sleep, get up and my daughter and I go home. It's not the best set-up for me as far as getting enough sleep, but right now it works for my daughter and what's best for her education.

I do medical transcription part time, only a couple of hours per day.

Junior Member Newbie

I am the teaching parent and I work two part time jobs in the evenings. My life is very hectic, but pulling my kids from public school was worth it.

My husband and I both work full-time outside the home. He teaches some in the late morning/early afternoon, then he goes to work 2nd shift and son goes a few hours to after school care, then I pick him up and do the rest of the teaching in the evenings. Son does not mind, as he gets to sleep in in the mornings, and doesn't have to attend public school.