Parent Community & Forum

Parents! Chat about kids, education, parenting, homeschooling and more.

Default Preschool curriculum on T4L

This is a question for those familiar with the preschool curriculum here. Do you think that it is more appropriate for 4 year olds, or could a 3 year old do the level 1 preschool? My daughter is 3, but has a lot of experience using the computer because of her older brothers. She can use a mouse and there are a lot of games and such on sites like PBSkids. com and mylittlepony.com that she can do herself. Do you think that the T4L preschool would be okay for her or do you think that she should wait until 4 years old? She is anxious to do what her brother does..lol!

Thanks so much!
    Dakotamom

Administrator hearthstone_academy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If she can do those games, she should be able to do Time4Learning preschool. Have her try the Lesson Demos. The first four demo lessons under Pre-K to First Grade are from Time4Learning's lower level preschool: ABC Practice, Create Yourself, Patterns, and Face.

Homeschooling 6 Kids for 15 Years and Counting

Default Sounds great...

That is a great idea, Kelly! I will do that. She loves to learn and already knows several letter, letter sounds, colors and shapes, so I thought that she may like this. She always watches her brother do T4L and giggles, etc., and she can't wait to do her own "school". I will certainly have her try the demos...thank you!

Sincerely,
    Dakotamom

3 yr old can definitely do PreK1! That is the age level that I start them at for my childcare kiddos!!
    I do 1 section per week, repeated daily. You can do it longer if needed.
    My childcare kids LOVE their T4L time and it is about the 1 time a day that they sit quiet and still for longer than 5 minutes!LOL