Parent Community & Forum

Parents! Chat about kids, education, parenting, homeschooling and more.

Junior Member Newbie Angela Gill's Avatar

Default New Homeschooling Mama with questions!!

Good Morning All,

My name is Angela Gill and I have recently started homeschooling my 14 yo daughter and am looking for some information on getting some Science curriculum and lesson plans for 8th graders. Any information that any of you have would be greatly appreciated. Thank you and I look forward to connecting with as many other homeschooling mama's as I can! Have a great day!!

Blog Entries

Hello Angela!

Your daughter should be able to use the 6th grade science. Just click on the level at the top right of the lesson page. There is great info there that she may not have even explored yet. Here is a link to the lesson plan page.

You can also search the supplemental forum for resources that have been posted. I know I have posted several. Also, check the
    "General" supplemental section. Your daughter might also want to use some of the free videos at Khan Academy. Just Google it.

Here is a book for new homeschooling families that is comprehensive without being overwhelming. I also want to give you a few links so you can make your way around T4L a little easier.

Hints and Help

Getting Started with Time4Learning

Have your daughter try some of our sister sites for extra practice. They are free to use:

VocabularySpellingCity

Vocabulary Fun (this one has more advanced skills)

Learning Games for Kids

Best wishes!
    Joyfully,
    Jackie