Parent Community & Forum

Parents! Chat about kids, education, parenting, homeschooling and more.

Junior Member Newbie

Default How can my child take the Lesson Quizes and Chapter Tests?

The Lesson Plans for my 3rd Grader show that some lessons have quizes at the end. My child's records show no data for quiz performance. I don't think the quizes are being administered. What do we need to do to have these quizes adminitered? We're coming to the end of a chapter and I'm afraid we're going to have the same problem with the Chapter Test.

Thanks

Administrator

Hi,

Please contact support@time4learning for help. They will need to locate your account and look at your child's progress report in order to advise you.

Thanks,

Suzanne

Quote Originally Posted by vvking View Post
    I don't think the quizes are being administered. What do we need to do to have these quizes adminitered?
    The quizzes will have an icon. To administer the quiz or test the child simply clicks on the icon and takes it.
    For example, click-
    Math -> Number Theory and Systems -> Place Value Beyond a Thousand -> (Here there is an activity star, but below the activity star there is an icon that says Quiz with a question mark and a pencil. To take the quiz just click on this icon.)

HTH-
    Mandy
    ds Doodlebug 11yo
    currently homeschooling with an eclectic mess of stuff

homeschool graduates:
    ds Cashew 20yo
    ds Peanut 22yo

Administrator hearthstone_academy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Time4Learning provides lessons in a variety of formats. Each quiz or test in the text-based lessons will appear as a separate icon on the page of associated lesson activities. The flashing arrow does not point to the quiz and test icons. This is to allow for review before taking an assessment. Students need to remember to take a quiz or test each time they finish a "page" of icons. For this reason, I tell my own kids to take the quiz or test IMMEDIATELY upon finishing a page, and not to wait until the next day. I also double-check their reports against the lesson plans, so I know if they've missed a quiz or test.

Your child can easily go back and take the assessments he has missed. Here is what the test icon looks like. It is located at the very bottom of any page of lessons that includes this type of assessment.

Mom of six from age 9 to age 30. With Time4Learning since 2006!