Parent Community & Forum

Parents! Chat about kids, education, parenting, homeschooling and more.

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

Default Anyone in Cocke County?

I am a homeschool mom. Our family is moving to Cocke county in 2 weeks. I am trying to find some other homeschool families/coop or support group in the area. So, are any of you from Cocke County or do you know anyone who is?

I am in mid-TN and know no homeschool families in that direction. Honestly, I had to look online to find where the Cocke County was located. My middle ds may go to ETSU in Johnson City next year, so he would be close. However, that does you no good. Have you searched yahoo groups? Also, you may want to search yahoo groups for homeschool groups in the closest towns of any size. While their activities may not be conveniently close, they may be able to point you to a smaller local group.

HTH-
    Mandy
    ds Doodlebug 11yo
    currently homeschooling with an eclectic mess of stuff

homeschool graduates:
    ds Cashew 20yo
    ds Peanut 22yo

Junior Member Newbie

Hi! My family will also be moving in the area- but not till Febuary. I have been doing alot of research on it,and found this website helpful. Smoky Mountain Home Education Association I still havn't found any co-op groups yet. What ages are your children? I am just starting my son in pr-k/kinder work at the moment, so I am brand new to this

Unregistered

Default Still looking for anyone near Cocke county/New Port TN.

I guess I will just have to keep looking. In answer to your question,I have 5 children ages 11-22. I have been homeschooling for many years but being new to TN, I am still becoming familiar with Tennessee's laws.

Smiles,

Dawn