Parent Community & Forum

Parents! Chat about kids, education, parenting, homeschooling and more.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Christy Nicholson

Default New to homeschooling in Odessa, TX

My family is new to homeschooling. My son is in 5th grade. You may be getting lots of questions from me soon.

Unregistered

Default I also live in Odessa

Quote Originally Posted by Christy Nicholson View Post
    My family is new to homeschooling. My son is in 5th grade. You may be getting lots of questions from me soon.
    Hi Christy. My name is Amy. I live in Odessa also. I started homeschooling son on October 2012. He is in 4th grade. We are also doing Time4Learning so it is new to us. I thought we could talk as it is hard to find fellow homeschoolers in Odessa imo.

Unregistered

Smile

hi amy and Christi my name is angela and I am homeschooling both of my daughters in time4learning one is in the second grade and the other in the seventh grade. im glad there are other fellow students in Odessa on same site.

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    hi amy and Christi my name is angela and I am homeschooling both of my daughters in time4learning one is in the second grade and the other in the seventh grade. im glad there are other fellow students in Odessa on same site.
    Hi Angela! I was hoping Christi would log in as she has a son doing T4L. Anyhow how long have you been doing T4L? I pulled my son out of Blanton in Oct 2012. I love T4L and I also supplement with Abeka, library and yes Netflix. if you do facebook you can friend me under Amy Dillon. It will show I live in Amsterdam, Netherlands lol but I live here in Odessa. Here is my phone # 432 853 8979 as it is hard to find fellow homeschoolers here in Odessa. Nice to meet you!

Blog Entries

Hi Angela! I was hoping Christi would log in as she has a son doing T4L. Anyhow how long have you been doing T4L? I pulled my son out of Blanton in Oct 2012. I love T4L and I also supplement with Abeka, library and yes Netflix. if you do facebook you can friend me under Amy Dillon. It will show I live in Amsterdam, Netherlands lol but I live here in Odessa. Here is my phone # 432 853 8979 as it is hard to find fellow homeschoolers here in Odessa. Nice to meet you!

Glad to see some of you being able to connect. Just a suggestion, if you want to share your personal email or phone numbers, do that through a direct message since this is a public board. Just want everyone to stay safe.
    Joyfully,
    Jackie

Unregistered

Question New to homeschooling in Odessa

Hello, I am Saundra, and I am in Odessa, also. I am raising two grandchildren, and I am seriously considering homeschooling for at least the older one, a boy currently in 4th grade. I would love to talk to any of you about your experiences and get some recommendations. Whatever program we choose will have to be free or very low cost.

Unregistered

Hello, I am Saundra, and I am in Odessa, also. I am raising two grandchildren, and I am seriously considering homeschooling for at least the older one, a boy currently in 4th grade. I would love to talk to any of you about your experiences and get some recommendations. Whatever program we choose will have to be free or very low cost.
    Hi Saundra. I live in Odessa. I have been homeschooling my 4th grader for since last October. I pulled him out of public school. We have enjoyed Time4Learning. It allows us to go back one grade for math, and up one grade for Language Arts. My son loves it although we do supplement with other things. I am so grateful to live in Texas as there are very few if any homeschooling regulations. We took a month off to deschool. Enjoy and don't stress. Glad to meet you.

Unregistered

Default Homeschooling in Odessa

I'm glad to know there's other families homeschooling here in Odessa. My son went to Barbara Jordan for 2nd and 3rd but we're just not happy with the public school system here in Odessa. We are doing laurelsprings. It is an online/at home private school. We'll start at the end of August so I'm just trying to find more people that are in the same boat! LOL
    If anyone is interested in talking, you can find me on facebook Gina Wilson Duval here in Odessa. I'd love to hear from you!

Unregistered

I also live in Odessa. And I also Homeschool my Kids. 1st, 2nd grade and 9th grade. I was using T4L last year But found out it was not accredited. I am looking for a free or cheap homeschool for my kids since I have 3 I homeschool. If any of you know of any, Please let me know. I am desperate. I do not want to put my kids back in Public school here.
    Thank You! Mary

Unregistered

I also live in Odessa. And I also Homeschool my Kids. 1st, 2nd grade and 9th grade. I was using T4L last year But found out it was not accredited. I am looking for a free or cheap homeschool for my kids since I have 3 I homeschool. If any of you know of any, Please let me know. I am desperate. I do not want to put my kids back in Public school here.
    Thank You! Mary
    Hi Mary. I live in Odessa and also homeschool my 5th grade son. We use T4L as a base. I personally do not worry about any curriculum being accredited, as you do not need accredidation to go to college. etc. In Texas you have many homeschooling rights and accredidation is not required. Anyhow hang in there . You can reach me on Facebook under Amy Dillon