Parent Community & Forum

Parents! Chat about kids, education, parenting, homeschooling and more.

Thread: homeschooling

Junior Member Newbie

Default homeschooling

my son is in the 6th grade. he has been homeschooled just this year, but does not like the books. he is having a hard time in math. was wondering if he can start at 5th grade level math instead of 6th. also, is this an accredited school. i see it does not go through high school grades, but i want him to be able to keep up to his grade. can anyone help me with these questions?

Using Time4Learning as a curriculum is not the same as enrolling him in a school, but it is a good curriculum for homeschooling because it is aligned to state standards.

As far as grade level goes, T4L allows you to set different levels for reading and math. Further, and most importantly, homeschooling is so efficient compared to regular school that you could have him review many of the 5th grade topics and then go on to 6th grade topics. He can work at his own pace to make sure he masters the former before the latter. Remember he is gaining lots of extra time to review because the school commute and wasted time in schools (attendance, waiting for others to settle down) are gone.

Blog Entries

He can use 5th grade math. Time4Learning is a resource, not a school.
    Joyfully,
    Jackie