It's here! The scoop on Time4Languages.
" "
    Administrator hearthstone_academy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Post It's here! The scoop on Time4Languages.

Here's what you need to know about Time4Languages, which was launched today!

Time4Languages is an optional add-on to the Time4Learning core curriculum. For an additional fee, active Time4Learning members can choose from the following languages: English (American), Spanish (Latin American), Chinese (Mandarin), Latin, French, German, Italian, Japanese, or Russian.

Existing Time4Learning members can add an online language course by logging into their Parent Administration page. New Time4Learning members will be given a chance to sign up for languages when they register.

Time4Languages is built around Rosetta Stone.
    The current rate for one language is $59.95.

More info on
    Time4Languages.
    Last edited by JohnEdelson; 05-15-2017 at 02:23 PM.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Default Re: It's here! The scoop on Time4Languages.

Great! How do I add Time4Languages lessons to my Time4Learning less plans?

Blog Entries

75peaches, the basic curriculum (math, language arts, science, and social studies) can be scheduled using the Activity Planner. Any add-ons are not included in that schedule. This includes paid add-ons, like Time4Languages . . . and free add-ons, like Time4Art and Science4Us. The add-ons are navigated somewhat differently.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Junior Member Newbie

I was able to create detailed lesson plans for all of my daughter's subjects except Spanish. I see the scope and sequence but am not finding it helpful for planning. How many activities per week should my daughter be doing if we plan to work until May 1, with 4 weeks off for break? Thanks!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dittobrooks View Post
    I was able to create detailed lesson plans for all of my daughter's subjects except Spanish. I see the scope and sequence but am not finding it helpful for planning. How many activities per week should my daughter be doing if we plan to work until May 1, with 4 weeks off for break? Thanks!
    Time4Languages really doesn't work that way. You can't assign a certain number of lessons because what your child experiences differs according to how they respond. The curriculum is highly personalized and adjusts itself to your child's progress. It presents words or phrases they have demonstrated they remember less frequently than words and terms they keep getting wrong. It adds more terms as they learn older ones.

I have my kids work on Time4Languages for a certain amount of time each day. I think it could take years to go through all the lessons, so if you are thinking about "finishing" a certain amount of material in a certain amount of time, that isn't how it works. If you want to truly learn to speak and understand the language, you have to pace yourself to your own ability instead of just checking off lessons as "presented".

I hope I've adequately explained how these lessons are designed and that it will help you plan.