Vacation Time
" "
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Strouse House

Thread: Vacation Time

Blog Entries

Default Vacation Time

Do you take your vacation during the summer when kids are traditionally off school or do you take advantage of the flexibility of homeschooling and take off season vacations? I personally think it's great to see the sites when everyone is in school. There are no crowds to fight. What do you think?
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

I prefer vacation bcz I don't want to put stress on my child even in vacation.

Blog Entries

What is vacation? Sorry just had to say it.

We don't really take vacations, money always seems to be an issue. But when we do something as a family it is usually when others are in school.
    lovehmschlg likes this.
    Brandy - Christian (86), Wife (93), and Mother (boy 99, girl 07,boy 08). Homeschooling since 2003. Come check out our adventures in life and Time4Learning.com at Five in Training For Him.

Same as Brandy. Vacations are rare due to tight budget. Sometimes my mom will give us her timeshare. So at least that saves us on hotel costs. But because her timeshare is in Orlando, that always turns out to be expensive because we'll do at least a day at one of the parks. This year my brother-in-law is doing something really generous and kind. He's married to my sister. So he's renting a big house for a week and inviting all my siblings (6) and my mom. So a family reunion of at least 20 people. He's done this before. We always have an amazing time together...the siblings and cousins. So we're really looking forward to that. And again, it's in Orlando, which is a few hours drive for us.
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass

Junior Member Newbie

Kathi,

Vacations are a must for us. We take a few a year. This is my first year homeschooling, so I very much look forward to planning around the crowds. For example, we were scheduled to go to Destin Florida for a long weekend for Labor Day. I am cancelling that and going the next weekend when the beach won't be crowded. Yipee!

Default Re: Vacation Time

I also prefer vacations. I don't want to overstress during the off season. Let them play around for a while.