Brand New to T4L, and glad to be here!
    AspieMom_w5 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Red face Brand New to T4L, and glad to be here!

Hello,
    I am a 50 (will be 51 this Thursday! year old who is just starting to homeschool my 11 yr old son with Time4Learning. He is Asperger's and the bullying he constantly faced when he started Middle School last fall had got to the point where it confirmed my desire to teach him myself. Am looking forward to it, but even though I HS'd my older 4 children (now all grown) 20 yrs ago, that was elementary, and this is already somewhat overwhelming to this "old lady". lol
    I'm also facing challenges within the home that are requiring some life-changing decisions. So all you prayer warriors out there are welcome to PRAY FOR ME & WILLIAM!!!
    Looking forward to making some new friends here... have an awesome day!
    Geni

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

Hi Geni,
    Welcome to Time4Learning! I have an 11 year old daughter (ADHD). We have been using T4L for 5 years now and love it. My biggest worry is what we will do for highschoool.
    First let me tell you, you are not old (I turned 50 in 2011) and have an eleven year old. Some days I feel old, but we can't get old yet, our kids need us!! Sometimes I am very jealous of those 50 somethings who are done with raising kids and are spoiling grandchildren. That doesn't mean that my 11 year old was not very wanted, just means that I think we have children as young adults for reasons...energy, patience, stamina...that I don't seem to have in excess at 50.
    2012 seems like it is going to be a life changing year for a lot of us. My hopes and prayers are with you, and hope you have smooth sailing.
    If you have any questions or comments please feel free to state them here. Did you find your church/umbrella school yet?
    Once again, welcome to Time4Learning!
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!